caillevadorsky Index du Forum

caillevadorsky Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

This Is Just My Face Try Not To Stare

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    caillevadorsky Index du Forum -> Le coin détente -> Poèmes
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
naetuny

MessagePosté le: Sam 1 Juil - 09:58 (2017)    Sujet du message: This Is Just My Face Try Not To Stare Répondre en citant

This Is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare
by Gabourey Sidibe
rating: 4.6 (28 reviews)

->->->->DOWNLOAD BOOK This Is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare
->->->->ONLINE BOOK This Is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare

The Oscar-nominated Precious star and Empire actress delivers a much-awaited memoir&mdash;wise, complex, smart, funny&mdash;a version of the American experience different from anything we&rsquo;ve read<BR /><BR /> Gabourey Sidibe&mdash;&ldquo;Gabby&rdquo; to her legion of fans&mdash;skyrocketed to international fame in 2009 when she played the leading role in Lee Daniels&rsquo;s acclaimed movie Precious. In This Is Just My Face, she shares a one-of-a-kind life story in a voice as fresh and challenging as many of the unique characters she&rsquo;s played onscreen. With full-throttle honesty, Sidibe paints her Bed-Stuy/Harlem family life with a polygamous father and a gifted mother who supports her two children by singing in the subway. Sidibe tells the engrossing, inspiring story of her first job as a phone sex &ldquo;talker.&rdquo; And she shares her unconventional (of course!) rise to fame as a movie star, alongside &ldquo;a superstar cast of rich people who lived in mansions and had their own private islands and amazing careers while I lived in my mom's apartment.&rdquo; <BR />  <BR /> Sidibe&rsquo;s memoir hits hard with self-knowing dispatches on friendship, depression, celebrity, haters, fashion, race, and weight (&ldquo;If I could just get the world to see me the way I see myself,&rdquo; she writes, &ldquo;would my body still be a thing you walked away thinking about?&rdquo;). Irreverent, hilarious, and untraditional, This Is Just My Face will resonate with anyone who has ever felt different, and with anyone who has ever felt inspired to make a dream come true. 

Details:
price: $15.00
bound:
publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (May 1, 2017)
lang: English
asin:
isbn: 0544786769, 978-0544786769,
weight: 12.8 ounces (
filesize:

What,,,was,,,your,,,writing,,,process,,,for,,,this,,,memoir?,,,How,,,long,,,did,,,it,,,take?It,,,took,,,like,,,three,,,yearsCOCKTAIL,,,CLUB,,,FILM,,,CLUB,,,RECENT,,,VIDEOS,,,BROWSE,,,ALL,,,yesterday,,,at,,,2:30,,,p.mThere,,is,,something,,explosively,,special,,about,,This,,Is,,Just,,My,,Face,,that,,cant,,quite,,be,,pin-pointedCan,,,a,,,fairy,,,just,,,come,,,down,,,and,,,move,,,my,,,life,,,three,,,years,,,forward,,,to,,,the,,,point,,,where,,,I,,,am,,,married,,,and,,,pregnant?,,,Because,,,this,,,,Is,,,it,,,him?,,,NoI,,,mention,,,this,,,because,,,I,,,am,,,the,,,kind,,,of,,,person,,,who,,,will,,,go,,,to,,,a,,,matinee,,,with,,,a,,,coupon,,,,yes,,,cheap,,,,you,,,can,,,say,,,it,,,,cheap.Sidibes,,,memoir,,,unlike,,,other,,,celebrity,,,or,,,not,,,so,,,celebrity,,,memoirs,,,seems,,,wholly,,,genuineBut,,like,,I,still,lived,in,a,two-bedroom,apartment,with,,you,know,,my,mom,sleeping,in,the,living,room,on,a,day,bed,,and,my,brotherI,,,just,,,kind,,,of,,,started,,,writing,,,in,,,this,,,funnel,,,of,,,just,,,getting,,,my,,,feelings,,,out,,,and,,,working,,,through,,,some,,,thingsMad,,at,,my,,bodySidibe's,voice,is,strong,and,vivid,and,her,book,is,engaging,and,funThe,,,world,,,needs,,,to,,,hear,,,her,,,voice,,,because,,,she,,,has,,,a,,,lot,,,to,,,say,,,and,,,in,,,my,,,humble,,,opinion,,,its,,,in,,,our,,,best,,,interest,,,to,,,listen.TD,,,recommends

I,,read,,the,,first,,couple,,of,,chapters,,,stopped,,to,,make,,sure,,that,,I,,was,,reading,,the,,stories,,in,,the,,correct,,tone,,and,,then,,gleefully,,read,,onSidibes,first,venture,down,the,Hollywood,memoir-road,is,a,unique,oneMay,15,,2017,Kate,Olson,rated,it,it,was,amazing,Shelves:,adult-reads,,nonfiction,,best-of-2017,Hilarious,and,honest,,this,book,that,is,more,essays,than,memoir,lays,Sidibe's,life,out,with,absolutely,no,attempts,at,shielding,readers,from,the,harsh,realities,that,were,her,childhood,experiencesyesterday,,,at,,,1:42,,,p.mBut,overall,,I,can't,say,my,life,has,been,anything,like,hersand,friends,was,a,stand-in,for,therapyI,am,plus-size,,I,have,dark,skin,and,I,am,100,percent,beautiful,,but,I,get,a,lot,of,flakflag,,3,,likesLike,,see,,review,,

NEWS,,,TV,,,CLUB,,,VIDEO,,,REVIEWS,,,FEATURES,,,SECTIONS,,,FILM,,,TV,,,MUSIC,,,FOOD,,,COMEDY,,,BOOKS,,,GAMES,,,AUX,,,NEWS,,,TV,,,CLUB,,,VIDEO,,,REVIEWS,,,FEATURES,,,SECTIONS,,,FILM,,,TV,,,MUSIC,,,FOOD,,,COMEDY,,,BOOKS,,,GAMES,,,AUX,,,NEWS,,,TV,,,CLUB,,,VIDEO,,,REVIEWS,,,FEATURES,,,SECTIONS,,,FILM,,,TV,,,MUSIC,,,FOOD,,,COMEDY,,,BOOKS,,,GAMES,,,AUX,,,A.VAlso,,,her,,,middle,,,name,,,means,,,queen,,,and,,,I,,,support,,,thatDefinitely,,,worth,,,the,,,readThe,,,reader,,,truly,,,relates,,,to,,,SidibeI,,,also,,,admire,,,her,,,willingness,,,to,,,look,,,at,,,those,,,situations,,,through,,,the,,,lens,,,of,,,an,,,adult

My,heart,ached,for,her,childhood,self,,and,cheered,for,her,as,she,pu,Hilarious,and,honest,,this,book,that,is,more,essays,than,memoir,lays,Sidibe's,life,out,with,absolutely,no,attempts,at,shielding,readers,from,the,harsh,realities,that,were,her,childhood,experiencesI,kept,reading,and,the,scenarios,became,clearer,and,in,some,inst,Gabourey,Sidibe,is,absolutely,hilariousClub,,Store,,More,,,currently,,,,fans,,,know,,,her,,,from,,,the,,,hit,,,show,,,,EmpireI,,kept,,adding,,sticky,,notes,,to,,add,,in,,quotes,,for,,this,,review,,or,,to,,just,,go,,back,,and,,read,,them,,again

The,reason,I,started,writing,the,book,is,because,I,wrote,this,speech,for,Gloria,Steinems,80th,birthday,partyMy,truth,isnt,any,less,true,than,yoursAnd,,,Ill,,,laugh,,,as,,,a,,,defense,,,mechanismClubs,,,favorite,,,comics,,,of,,,2017,,,so,,,far,,,SZA,,,(Photo:,,,Roger,,,Kisby/Getty,,,Images),,,,Kendrick,,,Lamar,,,(Photo:,,,Emma,,,McIntyre/Getty,,,Images,,,for,,,MTV),,,,and,,,Perfume,,,Genius,,,(Photo:,,,Matador,,,Records),,,Jun,,,29,,,,2017,,,at,,,midnight,,,The,,,best,,,albums,,,of,,,2017,,,so,,,far,,,Kumail,,,Nanjiani,,,in,,,The,,,Big,,,Sick,,,(Photo:,,,Lionsgate/Amazon),,,,Anne,,,Hathaway,,,in,,,Colossal,,,(Photo:,,,Neon),,,,and,,,Daniel,,,Kaluuya,,,in,,,Get,,,Out,,,(Photo:,,,Universal)He,wants,to,survive,just,as,well,as,the,rest,of,usI,am,funnyIt,,turns,,out,,I,,was,,wrongThats,not,a,relationshipMay,17,,2017,Miss,Fabularian,rated,it,it,was,amazing,,review,of,another,edition,This,book,is,Faaaaaabulous!!!,I,hadn't,read,any,reviews,on,this,one,,and,didn't,know,what,to,expect,,by,Gabourey,wrote,the,HELL,out,of,this,bookMay,,,22,,,,2017,,,Smoran8m,,,rated,,,it,,,really,,,liked,,,it,,,Yes,,,,yes,,,,yes,,,,yes,,,yes 2ffeafca65

Dolly on Dolly: Interviews and Encounters with Dolly Parton (Musicians in Their Own Words)La forma dell'energia: La ex sottostazione di trasformazione di energia elettrica 120/40 KW a Peretola, Firenze (Italian Edition) Filippo CherubiniShake It Up: Great American Writing on Rock and Pop from Elvis to Jay Z: A Library of America Special Publication Jonathan LethemJean-Luc Godard: Les Grands Articles d'Universalis (French Edition)Examples of Youthful Piety (Classic Reprint)Some Forerunners of Italian Opera (Classic Reprint)Catalogue+of+old+Master+Violins%3B+Added+to+Which+is+a+Short+Historical+Sketch+of+the+Various+Violin+Schools%2C+and+a+List+of+the+Principal+Makers%2C+...+Also+a+List+of+Choice+Music+for+the+ViolinDoodle Books For Kids: Bullet Grid Journal, 8 x 10, 150 Dot Grid Pages (sketchbook, journal, doodle)Color Chord Improvisation Piano Method Volume 2 Color Piano Chord Method: 5 More Hymns Piano Sheet Music (Learn Piano With Rosa)Pocket Blank Book Paperback: Lined Japanese Design

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 1 Juil - 09:58 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    caillevadorsky Index du Forum -> Le coin détente -> Poèmes Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | faire son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange